Little glimse of the Shick happenings. Be sure to visit our website for pictures and other stuff or our family videos here.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Upcoming Science Fair.

Our homeschool group has a science fair annually, which we have decided to enter this year. We all want to do something different. Amy and Hannah want to research yeast. I want to build a rocket, and explain how they work. Yesterday, I began to write about how they launch and what interested me in rockets. My interest stemmed from space shuttle failures. For example, in one failure, a piece of foam from the Space Shuttle External Tank during take-off, no bigger than a brief-case and about two pounds in weight hit the wing of Columbia, causing a hole 18 inches in diameter. During re-entry back to earth, this hole created friction, causing a high amount of super-heated gases to enter into the shuttle wing. This caused the Columbia to disintegrate in the air shortly before landing.

I absolutely can’t wait for the science fair. I’m so excited!

ALS

3-15-13

No comments: